The current blogspot will be based on the question “what are the best reasons to quit smoking?”. We will learn the best reasons to quit smoking and discuss them in detail.
What are the best reasons to quit smoking?
There are many reasons to quit smoking. The best reasons to quit smoking are as below:
- You won’t have to pay more and more and more and more each year
- Your Convenience
- Your family and friends
- Your quality of life
- Smoother skin
- A better social life
- Your fittest self
- Fewer Infections
- You’ll sleep better
- Cool bonuses at work may be in your future
- Nonsmokers have stronger bones than smokers
- You won’t have to look at those horrible antismoking messages on cigarette packs
- Decrease your risk of heart disease and heart attack
- Improve your fertility
You won’t have to pay more and more and more and more each year
Smoking cigarettes is an expensive thing. In some places, a pack of cigarettes costs more than $10 and prices keep on rising. If you buy one pack daily and lighter once a week, calculate how much you spent each year on this. All the money you spend on cigarettes goes up in smoke. Just think about how much you could save by not smoking and use that money in future for a better cause. Along with this, your health costs also increase due to conditions caused by smoking. When you quit, your budget is controlled and your bank account is heavier.
More and more states and cities have passed laws to keep indoor air clean and no smoking allowed inside. These places need to be kept smokefree.Are you tired of going outside again and again to have a cigarette? Is standing in the sun, rain or cold really worth having that cigarette? Can you imagine how much safer and easier it will be for you if you avoid this smoking and go out only when you need to and for this.
Your family and friends
Smoking not only harms the smoker’s body but also everyone around them. Whoever inhales it gets the worst effects sooner or later. Whether you are young or old and in good health or bad, passive smoking is dangerous and can make you ill. Children who live with smokers get more chest colds and ear infections. Babies of female smokers have increased risk of premature delivery, low birth weight and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). The air around you stays clean when you do not smoke and all the people around you will breathe easier when you quit.
Your quality of life
Your overall quality of life is improved and becomes better when you become an ex-smoker. In every aspect you will see a change, a good difference. Here are some ways being a nonsmoker may affect your life:
- Your food tastes better when you quit smoking
- You breathe better
- You sleep well
- You enjoy every moment of your life and you can smell better
- You are able to make it through long drive or flight without craving for a cigarette
- You will have more energy and your smoker’s cough will disappear with time.
- More people will attract to you
Smokers skin is usually rough like a leathery texture, deep wrinkling and non fresh. Smoking leads to changes in the body that also speed the aging process. The muscle actions you use to inhale lead to the wrinkles around the mouth and tar staining of the hands and skin occurs from holding cigarettes.
A better social life
If you feel embarrassed that you smoke, you may hold yourself back socially. Smoking can also be a turnoff in your dating life and problematic in your romantic options. Smoking also results in erection problems because it affects blood vessels, including those that must widen in order for an erection to happen. This makes a big difference in the bedroom for people.
Your fittest self
Everyone wishes to see their best side but we do not understand that we also need to put in a lot of effort to achieve that fittest self. After you quit, it is a lot easier to do simple things like climbing a set of stairs. You start doing well at sports and you can take part in long term activities you once loved and always wanted to try such as jogging, running or a volleyball game. If you are a young athlete, smoking can damage your overall internal body parts and make your lungs and heart work poorly. When you quit this habit, you can be on the top and get back better into the game and do best in every area of your life.
Smoking can cause lots of infections especially when it becomes a hard habit and you smoke badly. It makes your body prone to seasonal flues and colds. Smoking also affects the cilia (tiny hairs that line the respiratory tract, trachea and bronchial tubes. Within a month of quitting, your body starts doing better and your cilia starts doing the protective job once again.
You’ll sleep better
Smokers feel unwell most of the time. They are multiple times more likely to feel unrested after a night’s sleep. Going through nicotine withdrawal each night can be the reason for sleep disturbances.
Cool bonuses at work may be in your future
Not only cool bonuses at work but a lot of job opportunities and you can do a lot of work at your job when you are solely focused and committed to your work and you do not have any other things going on in your head. Smokers usually get up from their chair so many times, they are less focused comparatively and they have to take their time for smoke cravings.Employees who participate in smoking cessation programs are offered gift cards, premium discounts and cash prices too. When you do good at one job place, you are likely to get promoted and have more chances to get a high position in your company.
Nonsmokers have stronger bones than smokers
Women smokers have a loss to their bone mineral density because of tobacco use. The effects are even worse in postmenopausal women. Considering these facts, it is a good enough reason to quit smoking.
You won’t have to look at those horrible antismoking messages on cigarette packs
When you are addicted to cigarettes, you ignore those pictures of rotting teeth, mouth cancer and postmortem tumors right on the box. That is so unpleasant. When you quit smoking, you do not have to see those awful images anymore.
Decrease your risk of heart disease and heart attack
Smoking increases the risk of developing coronary heart disease. Also, the patients who already have the disease and do smoking are at a higher risk of sudden cardiac arrest. The brain is a common site for lung cancer to spread in the human body. You’ll be less likely to die of a brain tumor.
Improve your fertility
Female smokers have a high ratio of infertility as compared to nonsmoker women. Smoking affects a woman’s ovaries, and the degree of harm increases with the number of cigarettes and the period a woman smokes. Smoking appears to speed up the loss of eggs and reproductive function in women.
The above blogspot answered the question “what are the best reasons to quit smoking”. We learned the best reasons to quit smoking and discussed those in detail.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs): Best reasons to quit smoking
What is the best advice for quitting smoking?
There are many ways you can quit smoking or help someone in quitting. Some of the self-help tips to stop smoking are as below:
- Start thinking positively and plan on quitting this habit of smoking
- Make your decision firm
- Consider your diet (include fruits and vegetables in your diet that make cigarette taste terrible)
- Change your drink (fizzy,cold,tea, coffee etc drinks make cigarette taste better)
- The time you crave for cigarette can be invested in some other strategies so you do not feel it more
- Take support of family or friends who also want to quit and do it together
- Exercise, walk and keep moving as it may help your brain produce anti-craving chemicals
- Make non-smoking friends
- Try keeping your mouth and hands busy
- Make a list of reasons to quit and remind yourself that you have to do better and it is for your own
What is the most effective way to stop smoking?
There are many effective ways that can help you quit smoking. Some of the ways to help you resist the urge to smoke or use tobacco when a tobacco craving strikes are as below:
- Go for a nicotine replacement therapy
- Avoid your trigger situations that cause an urge to smoke
- Try delaying the idea to get up and smoke for longer periods and distract yourself by engaging in other activities.
- Keep your mouth busy chewing sugarless gums, celery, nuts or sunflower seeds
- Do not think of having just one cigarette idea. This is only a way to fool yourself
- Try to involve yourself in more physical activities as they help distract tobacco cravings
- Practice relaxation techniques since resisting the cigarette in itself is stressful. You can make smoking your way to deal with stress.
- Call for reinforcements
- You may join online support programs on handling tobacco craving
- Keep in mind that trying something to beat the urge is always better than doing nothing
What can I replace smoking with?
There are many alternatives for smoking. Some of the ways that don’t take a lot of effort or time, but they’re enough to replace the habit of grabbing for a cigarette are as below:
- Drink a glass of water. It does wonders
- Floss and brush your teeth
- Chew sugarless gum
- Do jumping jacks, squats and other exercises
- Play and listen to music
- Put your favorite lotion on and rub your hands. See how good they smell
- Create your list of craving buster activities
- Start doing a reward fund. Put the money you spend on cigarettes everyday and use it for your daily treats.
- Avoid isolation and stay in people so you are busy in something
- Distract yourself from the idea of smoking and do house chores, wash your car, try a new recipe, do the laundry etc.
- Be patient with yourself and you will get through this phase