In this article, we will talk about the best excuses for skipping class in middle school. We will also give you a few tips to like school better and survive boring classes!
Excuses for skipping class in middle school
We won’t blame you if you are here looking for practical excuses for skipping class in middle school. We have all felt that dark desire to play lazy at times, we have used the odd excuse to avoid parental authority.
- Most students at school have the flu: Although it may seem like a trivial excuse, it must be considered that schools are one of the main places where the annual infection of viruses and flu occurs. However, in order not to arouse suspicion, it would be better to use it, especially in periods when the flu is more widespread.
Be careful and keep vague, in case your parents ask you who is sick, they may call your peers’ parents to make sure you are telling the truth! Surely your parents will not want you to get sick and you will gain a few days of rest!
- The school is flooded: Due to a plumbing problem, the school has flooded and your friends have just told you that the school will be closed for this very reason!
Obviously, you will have to be good actors in telling this excuse, appearing surprised and incredulous at the news. If you are convincing enough, your parents will have nothing to reply, as long as you promise to take advantage of this “unexpected” vacation day to carry on with other subjects.
- The professor is ill and will be absent: Another excuse that could be suitable for you is the following: “The professor is ill and will be absent”. This means that you will not take lessons and you will have several whole hours. This does not entice you to go to class and it would certainly be better to stay home and take your time to study.
Your parents will be willing to let you stay at home to get on with your homework rather than do nothing at school. But remember, make the most of this day to really study and get ready for the next school day!
- A disinfestation is in progress at school: A popular excuse among students is the disinfestation of the building. In fact, in many schools, these are common procedures. Hence, it is very likely to be believed.
The important thing is to always be convincing and sure of what you say, to prevent your parents from calling the school personally to confirm.
- I don’t feel like going to school today: Did none of the above excuses work? Just say you don’t want to go to school. If you can’t think of any other good excuses or if you’re not used to lying to your parents, you could be honest with them, explaining the reasons why you want to skip class.
Parents will appreciate your sincerity, and if you are a teenager who shows commitment, they will surely not refuse to give you a day off from student work. The important thing is that this does not become a habit!
- The whole class stays at home: The excuses begin with “today we have a couple of empty hours as there is no teacher, the whole class has decided to stay at home and I would practically be alone”. It sounds more like a long storyline than a short story, but it’s actually an excuse that kids like to adopt a lot more often than you might think.
Perhaps in the long repertoire, it could be the one that gives the best results, in fact, there are few parents who maybe take the trouble to ascertain whether this news is true or the result of only an innate fantasy. Kids now know perfectly well how their parents behave and know how far they can really push themselves.
- I want to stay home to study for a test: Then there is another excuse, which smells like a lie as soon as the first words are spoken, that is “the day after tomorrow I have a really very important test, can I stay at home so I study and prepare to take a good grade?”
This among the many really is perhaps the least credible of all, especially if the boy in question rarely opens the books, and when he does it is surely because he has received a resounding head wash.
Of course, the repertoire is still very long, there are many cards still to be played, one thing is certain that today’s kids don’t know that we too have used the same tactics in our turn and that we are now well underway.
- I do not feel well: Perhaps the most classic excuse that is used is that “I don’t feel too good” which is supported by a really mortified and aching face, sweet and pleading eyes that desperately seek help and understanding from the parent who witnesses the scene.
Then we move on to that perhaps a little more technical or, “today is strike” a banal phrase thrown there at the moment with the greatest possible indifference, so that, always the parent who listens, does not have to think about it.
- I have a stomach ache: can I stay at home? A stomach ache or a headache is one of the most popular excuses for students. There are those who could win the Oscar for how they pretend to have some pain. And there are even those who get really sick to be more credible.
Students who eat chocolate or french fries the night before and then get sick during the night; students taking a laxative to persuade their mother; students who convince themselves of being sick to make themselves sick or go so far as to put two fingers down their throats to give them stomach …
What can a parent do when faced with an alleged malaise? He could call the doctor … but after all, a stomach ache can happen! And you can always blame the too heavy dinner or the first cold ones.
- My forehead is burning: it is definitely a fever! Another popular excuse for students is to tell parents that they have a fever. But in this case, you have to work a little more: it is not enough to pretend! Somehow you have to make up your health to prevent the thermometer from revealing the fiction.
So here is who keeps the thermometer on a light bulb or near the radiator or gets to measure the temperature of their dog (because dogs have a higher body temperature!). And to prevent the forehead from being too “cold”, just place your face on the pillow for a few minutes and breathe to warm it.
The most enterprising come to get “naked” on the balcony of the house to get cold (it can only be done in winter) and really get a fever. But is it really worth getting sick to miss a day of school?
I hate middle school! What do I do?
Going to middle school doesn’t have to be a sacrifice. Did you enter a new school and you just don’t feel comfortable? Remember that everything depends on the glass with which you look at things, if you are negative all that vibrates will attract it.
On the other hand, if what you radiate is good vibes and positivism, we promise that you will be surrounded by people who will want to be your friends.
Tips for you to like school
- Join a club
There are surely both sports and artistic activities after classes, why not sign up for one? Whether it is football, dance, piano or guitar, it will help you kill several birds with one stone: on the one hand, you meet people who have the same tastes as you, and on the other, you see school as something more than an obligation.
- Be yourself
What are you grateful for when you first met a person? Let it be him/herself, right? So that people know you as you are, do not show a false facet, act natural, talk about your tastes, interests, school aspirations, and you will see how in a short time you will be laughing at what uncomfortable that you felt when you had no one to talk to.
- Before leaving home
We agree that schedules are the scariest thing in this world. But they help control this crazy world! Establish a schedule to wake up, while this happens you can listen to music while you get ready, have breakfast like a champion and leave with a super successful mentality towards school.
Remember that the mind registers each of your emotions, if you wake up angry, lazily attending school all your day it will become a nightmare. Better to wake up with a smile.
- Customize everything
One night before going to bed, prepare your outfit for the next day, not only will you save time, but it will also give you more chances to combine clothes and not fail in the attempt. Remember to always be you.
In the wave of school supplies, backpack and all this issue we recommend you personalize your folder with your favourite band, write with favourite coloured pens, so that every time you open your folder you like it, write new knowledge.
Hey, we get it, middle school can be pretty hard sometimes, and while we offer you the best excuses for skipping class in middle school, don’t make a habit out of it.
Above are just some tips that we gave you so that you can see and attend school with all the desire in the world. Yes, we agree that waking up early is not your mere bum, but you can see the good side, so the day lasts longer, don’t you think?
If you have any comments or questions on the content, do let us know!
FAQ on Excuses for skipping class in middle school
What is a good excuse to stay home from school?
A good excuse to stay home from school is that you are sick and it is best to stay in self-isolation than to pass your sickness at school. Speak to your parents and they will probably agree with you.
How do I skip school without getting marked absent?
If you want to skip school without getting marked absent you have to give the teacher a sick note. Your parents/guardians should be the ones who sign the sick note.
Is it OK to skip class sometimes?
It is perfectly okay to skip class sometimes. When you are stressed or burned out it is understandable to need some time to recharge. As long as it is occasionally, it is alright.
How can I skip school grade?
To skip a school grade you have to send in a written request to the school principal. Make sure that you state the reasons why you have to skip a school grade.
Why is skipping class bad?
Skipping class is bad for two reasons. One, you may be missing important information that will later be in exams, or count towards your final grade. Two, some professors count attendance as a part of participation grades and absenteeism is hardly punished in most schools.